- 0033 631 14 70 67
Mr. You Shang is a French qualified lawyer and Doctor in law graduated from Shenzhen University (China) and University of Montpellier (France).
Former Legal Director in a major international company and practicing as Director of Chinese Desk in Jeantet AARPI in Paris today, he has extensive experiences in Chinese companies’ activities in Europe and Africa. Mr. SHANG has assisted many leading Chinese companies in their operations in France and Africa on M&A, infrastructure and energy projects, cooperate, regulatory barriers and compliance issues.
10/2013 Paris Bar Association Qualification/Certificat d’Aptitude à la Profession d’Avocat (Paris Bar).
02/2011 Doctor in law (PhD), Montpellier University. France. A comparative study of the European and Chinese anti-subsidies law, (score: very honorable).
09/2004 Master, European Community Law, Montpellier University, France.
07/1998 Bachelor, International Business Law, Shenzhen University, China.
07/2014 - today Lawyer: Jeantet Associés
- Chinese Desk, Chinese outbound investment
- M&A, Corporate law, French labor law, commercial law, etc.
01/2014 – 06/2014 Lawyer: Deheng-Shi Lawfirm (Paris)
Chinese outbound investments in France
02/2013- 10/2013 Trainee lawyer: Berwin Leighton Paisner (Brussels)
Legal research, client meeting and redaction of legal opinion, in the following domains:
- EU and Chinese competition Law : merger control, cartel, etc,
- International distribution contracts,
- WTO, EU and Chinese international trade law, antidumping, antisubsidy investigations, customs classification, customs valuation, rule of origin,
- Trade controls and sanctions in EU countries
07/2012-12/2012 Trainee lawyer : De Pardieu Brocas Maffei A.A.R.P.I. (Paris)
Legal research, client meeting and redaction of legal opinions in the following domains:
- Analysis of decisions of the French Competition Authority and the European Commission in merger, antitrust and State aid areas,
- merger control filing before French competition authority and the EU commission,
- EU, French and Chinese regulations on foreign trade
01/2012-04/2012 Intern lawyer: DS AVOCATS, Paris
Legal research and redaction of legal opinion in the following domains:
- China and EU Customs law, antidumping duty dispute,
- French and Chinese corporate law and foreign investment law
08/2010-12/2011 Jurist: Grandall Law firm, Paris office
- Transnational investments law,
- International trade law
04/2006-05/2009 Regional Managing Legal Counsel: Legal Affair Department Huawei Technologies, MENA region
- Providing legal opinions on infrastructure construction projects, financing operation, transports, cooperates bylaws, customs issues, labor law,
- Drafting, negotiation and review of contracts (telecom sector contracts in turnkey projects, project finance contracts),
- Establishing subsidiaries in the North-West African countries,
- Surveillance of compliance issues in countries of the region,
- Establishment of a team of in-house counsel,
- Daily management of the sub-regional Legal Affairs Department
08/1999-09/2001 Assistant Legal Counsel to the Board of Directors, Shenzhen Petrochemical Co. Ltd., China
- Providing the Board with legal opinions on the Chinese financial market authorities' rules;
- Assisting the Board on the drafting of Annual Reports of the Group;
- Drafting of Debt-for-Equity-Swap agreements with institutional creditors of the Group;
- Assisting and Representing the Group in commercial litigations.
09/2012 : A New catalogue of Foreign Investment in China / Nouveau catalogue des investissements étrangers en Chine : reflet des évolutions rapide du pays, Décideurs juridiques et financiers, N°141/septembre 2012, pp14-15.
09/2012 : Chinese Antisubsidies Law : A Chinese Style Protectionnisme ? / Le droit antisubvention chinois : la protection commerciale à la chinoise ? Revue internationale de droit comparé, Edition SLC, n°3-2012.
03/2012 : European Union’s Antidumping Law Facing China: a fair balance difficult to Fix / Le droit antidumping européen face à la Chine : un juste milieu difficile à fixer, Revue internationale de droit économique, Edition De Boeck, n°1, 2012, pp95-112.
English (fluent), Mandarin (native), French (bilingual), and Cantonese (bilingual)
- 0033 631 14 70 67